Author Topic: Your opinions on the funding of Invicta BockerZ  (Read 17870 times)

Dark Knight

Re: Your opinions on the funding of Invicta BockerZ
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »
Groups are fine for people that can meet up weekly but pushes those of us who cant meet up because of the distances ?
Informal groups that have loose members mean people like me don't feel an outside when they come to the odd meet ?
I'm setting up the "Tigger bocker group" it's just a bit of fun for lone Bockers to claim as their group  :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 04:07:54 PM »
Dk are you in east anglia? And where is the closest bocker to you?

Dark Knight

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 04:23:39 PM »
Just  :-\
Wisbech (40 miles)?
Your about 90 miles away!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:26:15 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »
Just  :-\
Wisbech (40 miles)?
Your about 90 miles away!

Aww bless ya  :-* . You need to move to norwich...This place is gonna be the bocking capital. I am 11 miles from there ;D

:spudT:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 04:59:57 PM »
You need to move to norwich...This place is gonna be the bocking capital.
Have you been to Wales? :nana:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 05:08:44 PM »
You need to move to norwich...This place is gonna be the bocking capital.
Have you been to Wales? :nana:

:lol: na you wait. Norwich has some of the best bocking spots I have ever seen..I havent seen many places :lol: My home village of lingwood sucks. The biggest thing to jump up and down of is a curb. There are no stairs other than in houses. I'm bored of bocking here.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »
Recently we have quite a lot of new people signing up from your way sprog and E A too, and a new Welsh bocker as well! But it looks like the Essex gang has a lot of numbers.

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »
Recently we have quite a lot of new people signing up from your way sprog and E A too, and a new Welsh bocker as well! But it looks like the Essex gang has a lot of numbers.

Yeah, we have probably between 20 and 30 of us including the southampton contingent, whereas from speaking to becky her mailing list thing is over 80 bockers  :o
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »
Norwich has 3!! Hehe but watch this space. How many EAs in total.

Offline KentLee

• FREEDOM BOCKER!!!!
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
 :banana: great guys but this still didn answer my question of how will it be funded and who is the people signing  :banana: :banana: :banana:
Freedom bocking. no ties to any clubs but friends with them all. this is the way forward.....

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 06:45:23 PM »
Our flying club just did the same thing as here. they went with barcalys. The signatories that dint have an account with barclays took a fair while. anyhoo. I think that maybe you could get gyms out and like charge so the group make a profit or pay some kinda subscription. But you know as you make this formal things have to be done properly. You would need people in charge of money, you would need to make sure the money is spent how the members want, legal stuff starts to come into play.

It's a big job. But go for it..Just make sure you know about everything that could effect you first or things get messy. I have seen it happen lots.

:spudT:

Offline GRS

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
Lee, may be better to email or pm carma / toddy with the question rather than ask on the forum for everyone to see then you may get an answer  ;)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 07:00:26 PM »
Bah to politics, clubs should stay open and free with no subscription and each member paying their own way (e.g. for gym time, petrol money, etc).

I see no point in bank accounts and things :P

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »
The sport will not grow without it sprog. It's not all bad.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 07:41:43 PM »
Im in accord with the spirit sprog has expressed. Which is prob forthe best seeing as we are in the same group ;D.

There has been an unwritten ( and totally unwanted)idea that the original 5 founders  were the 'leaders' and more important. Im really glad to say this is fast falling away ( honest there is a point herehehe). Only this week a 15 yo who got together a sizable meet in his home city has asked advice on getting a gym.

The right video was pointed out the correct patter to give on the 'phone and advice on a follow up email. He is now gonna do the leg work. With luckhe will get it. Nowany1who knows portsmouth will knowit is premier bocking country.

Now Imthinking, summer , few hours on beach, later afternoon hour or 2 in gym --then out to bounce on seafrontearly evening ,pint then home. It will be this guywhowill be laying on the best meets of theyear for our group. Not some 'central commitee'. And with luck peeps in Southampton and Salisbury will be inspired to emulate.

However, in a few places I think buffers will soon be met. Notjust with the JJ's but all overthecountry. Locky and the team are doinga great job with capital bocking , but its on virtuallyzerobudget ---think thy get about a quid of eac tee shirt. There is a limit of how faryoucan go this way.

I book thegroupsgym.Now paying £16-60 a week in advance isnt an issue. Takinga hit whenthe odd guy walks out withoutpaying I can handle.

But there has been talk of a basketball on bocks ( Powerbal --there is already a teeshirt design --odd prioritieswe haveat times ;D). But to book enuff sports hal spacewould runto hundreds of pounds and wouldneedpaying  months inadvance. The stress of not knowing if sufficientpeople  would pay up to cover costs would detter most fromevnlooking at thepracticalityof modifyingthegame and many other really boring mundain stuff ( accomodation loos 1staiders...).

The JJ's arenow at the ' mmmm couldnt we hire our owngymnasticsinstructore andgeta tailoredtraining course?' again relatively largeup front 'seed' capital wouldbe needed.

The JJ's, whilst loving the sports centrewe use arenow gettinga lil 'bored' withe the toys we have to play with there. 1 possibility is finding a new gym. But I note thatthe gymnastic club at our sports centre owns a load of their own kit ( trampetteas 1 example) which only theymay use. So if we hadthe money,buying our own kit would be nice.

Alsoback to thr gym, I have to umm and rrr about calling 1 wondering sufficient people will be there forit too be not too expensive --Often if there are last min dropouts  Illshoulder some of the cost especially if its a few young or noobs --dont want um put off)

If I knew there was a fund I could set definate dates and anup front price (£3-50  for 2 hours) if a profit--in the coffers to cover lean times. Also Joehad a 60 mile round trip for 90 min in gym and 1/2 of it was teaching others 9 very well too), but he still paid up! Id like not to take it --at the very least, butIhavetoo.

So there are a few examples ( I got a few more butwillnotboreyouwith them --yet :D) of how a grant would be useful.

However the zero budgetway has lead to the most efficient and creative  thinkingand one does fear that chucking money into the  equation will causethat to be lost.

Stop now or Ill ramble just infrom 4-5hourson bocksmy back ishurting  a loti was up at worked 4 worked 5 -1130  and day be4 was just too bizarre , oops rambling ---off to wine
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:51:45 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »
Bah to politics, clubs should stay open and free

But secret area for the experienced is important   but an open comimitee  is bad

Offline KentLee

• FREEDOM BOCKER!!!!
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 09:09:37 PM »
Bah to politics, clubs should stay open and free with no subscription and each member paying their own way (e.g. for gym time, petrol money, etc).

I see no point in bank accounts and things :P

i agree sprog i spend money on fuel driving and i spend money on food i even go out of my way to make people happy by buying them food on meets if they havent got the money.... so with no offence i wont be putting any money in this account....
Freedom bocking. no ties to any clubs but friends with them all. this is the way forward.....

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2008, 09:43:51 PM »
Bah to politics, clubs should stay open and free

But secret area for the experienced is important   but an open comimitee  is bad

well aren't you bloody hilarious. Totally different things Q so please keep them that way.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2008, 09:49:36 PM »
i agree sprog i spend money on fuel driving and i spend money on food i even go out of my way to make people happy by buying them food on meets if they havent got the money.... so with no offence i wont be putting any money in this account....
*Hifive* :D

Offline KentLee

• FREEDOM BOCKER!!!!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »
*Hifive* :D

cheers sprog but its true i also go out of my way just like others do if i can remember i bought TOK food when we where in canters and also carma i bought her lasagna and a drink when we had a meet over in canters so why should i give up more money when all i do is give already.... i like the fact we meet up and go to pubs after meets.. if we start putting money in a kitty as it is, some people will get left out....

@carma what will the IBZ funding be used for??????????????????????????????

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2008, 09:49:24 AM »
hi

the fund will only be the money that me make extra on the tee's etc, which is like £2 each or so.
this would then be used for gym's, and hire of a mini busses for CB or such big events that us as a group will be going to. as well for the insurance etc. but we as a group will be dessciding on it

we do NOT ask any membre to put money in to the kitty as membreship etc. all out meets will be free to atend as like allways(with ecption of the gym)

as well the signitures, there will have to be mine and carma's sig on there and one other membre(not including kelly as she does not want to do that)

if there is any other questions please ask, and i will try and answer them best as poss

Offline WiiLLz

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2008, 11:37:41 AM »
HEYHEY,

I wouldnt mind helping out with the fund even if im not in your group  :D (yet)  :laugh:

:thumbs:

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »
Currently. The funding will only be used to keep the website up and to buy a banner. The gym will be paid for by everyone on the day, and costs for a bus to CB and other events will also be kept seperate and split amongst those attending. The only other thing thats a possibility would be group PLI, but there isn't much point for that just yet with us being so small.

I would just like to add that the profit will be so small I cannot see us being able to use it much further than the items already listed. Seeing that the merchandise will be optional, we cannot yet see just how much we will raise.

I will keep you all informed as usual. Also, tee's won't be printed until I have finished the new logo :). Oh and I personally think Opal should be the third signature seeing as he's worked so hard on the gym. He's really earnt our trust and he's very passionate!

@Willz, we already count you as one of us :). Everyone will get their new sigs soon!

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:31:32 PM by Carma »

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:50:59 AM by Carma »