Author Topic: December 07 Competition winner is....  (Read 11134 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
December 07 Competition winner is....
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:57:16 AM »
Just like to say a massive thank you to all that entered, the calibre of the entries, was very high and it was extremely hard choosing the eventual winner.

The winner of a brand new set of Pro-Jumps is elbarto with his “Bocking Christmas tree” entries.

The runners up are Soul Rancher with his reindeer / cow combos in a very close 2nd and Tok 3rd with the "Santa Tok" photo each winning a pair of Pit Dirt Knee/Shin Pads

Also a big thank you to everyone who helped decide the winner.

Please can the winner’s pm me asap with your name/postal addresses and in the case of Elbarto the size he requires for the Pro-Jumps as well. I’m hoping that we can send these out asap so they arrive in time for Christmas. 

Well done :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 03:59:11 AM by webmaster »

Offline GRS

Re: December 07 Competition winner is....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:33:54 AM »
well done!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:59:34 AM »
I am going to be completely honest......as you know i will. I dont mean to be harsh but i think the winning pic is not a very good one. It lacks focus or clarity, there is no real distinction betwen the bocker and the background. Dont get me wrong its a good concept, just crap photography. Out of all the pics number 3 is my favourite.....even though I detest wonky backgrounds...... But hey-ho, I am not a judge so my point is quite irrelevant ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 12:02:02 PM by English-tailor »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 12:07:48 PM »
Might have to get you to help judge the next one if ur up for it ;)

We felt that the tree & deco took more effort and just pipped it in the end, Soul Ranchers ones were hard to choose between, the split kicks were the favoured ones from both Colin & Joe so used a pic of both of them on here insted of choosing one from the many posted.

It was a close one!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »
congratulations to the winners, they were all class shots

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 09:10:52 PM »
Well done all
Quite a good turn out  :)

Offline Tok

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 10:38:57 PM »
Yay thanks for the 3rd place! kinda supprised is for the Santa Tok pic but hey! Thanks you muchly!

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 12:01:37 PM »
WELL DONE
Brill crimbo pressy and now i no its not the style its how much effort u have put into making the best funny piccy ;D

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »
just wanted to say thank for the pads they came christmas eve,  :Rock:

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 07:02:18 PM »
No Probs
Thanks for entering and for your fab pics :)

Offline GRS

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 03:07:56 AM »
I think this comp was the closest one there has been in ages, loved your ones SR

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »
Might have to get you to help judge the next one if ur up for it ;)

We felt that the tree & deco took more effort and just pipped it in the end, Soul Ranchers ones were hard to choose between, the split kicks were the favoured ones from both Colin & Joe so used a pic of both of them on here insted of choosing one from the many posted.

It was a close one!

That would be grand, I would love to judge a comp ;D :Straddle5:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 04:02:59 AM »
Hmm, as a photography student (back in college) I'd  have to go with Santa, since the tree was blurry and the cow and deer have the feet of the bocks cropped off.

But as a merry soul I have to agree with the judges and go with the tree. That's one happy sappy! (sapling) :D ...and on second thoughts, since the face is in focus, I actually don't mind the motion blur on the limbs. It enhances the energetic atmosphere of the image. :)

Yay for christmas! ^_^ Roll on Easter!
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.