Author Topic: New Powerskip's section on the forum...  (Read 12855 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
New Powerskip's section on the forum...
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:31:01 AM »
Hey all

Just a forum update...

There's a new section on the forum dedicated to Powerskip jumping stilts, as they are now available through our parent company www.UKGoodDeals.com

Link to Powerskips http://www.ukgooddeals.com/scp/Jumping_Stilts/PowerSkip-Stilts.html

The powerskip forum section has Powerskip specific FAQ's, guides, mods and so on.

If you have any questions, suggestions or would like something added please let me know.

thanks  :)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
Re: New Powerskip's section on the forum...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »
awesome hmmm depending on how much elites turn out to be i might have to nab myself a pair of skips

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 05:10:19 PM »
ooo very swish :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »
just remember 1 thing above all others. Never BUT NEVER lend them to tundraH  EVVVEEERRRRRR

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »
Awww Poor Colin has been "SkipListed"  :'(

Paul when the elites come out you will be looking at around the £200-£250 mark but can't be sure until they actually get here.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 05:33:44 PM »
ooh nice im putting xmas money towards them / skips then worked a ton of hours so might go for skips ill have 2 see will you be stocking spares?

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 05:40:13 PM »
Awww Poor Colin has been "SkipListed"  :'(

Huh, whats happened now?
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 05:42:28 PM »
Yep, at the moment we have got the basic spares recommended by the manufacturer: such as feet, sole plates, soles, full repair kits, springs and bearing sets. I've not had the chance to list them yet but hopefully will do after christmas and they will be on the website. As time goes on though I'm hoping to make sure all spares are in stock so there's no delays on them  :)

@ Colin - Quentin suggested never to lend you a pair so insted of writing blacklisted - I put skiplisted  ;)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 08:09:21 AM »
awesome i better start counting my pennys

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 12:09:55 PM »
Doesn't seem to be much of a warranty on them for the price. I mean, if I had a set, they would be used loads, and well, if I bust them trying something new, what is there to save me putting a big dent in my wallet? How would I justify the price tag?

I've invested a bit in my BMX, a good 1400+ quid, and the only parts without lifetime guarantee / warranty, are consumables IE: tyres, tubes, grips and chain. Even my 40 quid handle bars have a lifetime guarantee / warranty. Everything else will be replaced free should I break any of it, all parts not covered by warranty are under 30 quid which isnt a dent at all. The 1400+ cost of my BMX is justified by the free replacement of parts I break, and the fact that its the strongest built BMX that I have seen.

L.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 12:12:38 PM by lurchenstien »

Offline GRS

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 06:49:47 AM »
the reasoning behind the warranty I think in its own way is correct, they are aimed at pro's and extreme uses who use them in a punishing manner so it would be a bad business move for PowerSkip to offer warranty.

Forget sports equipment even if you buy an iron, and you use it for professional reasons ie: in a dry cleaners or hire the item out the you wont be covered by warranty.

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 08:35:42 AM »
It's not fair a lot of you would get some if you had the money !?
Me, I've got the money but they don't have my size !?
LOL

Offline gibbo

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 08:56:02 AM »
a hell of a lot of money,, deffo need to start saving :(
This promotion at work to a manager should help me out with a bit more money :)

Offline Dawesome

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 08:59:38 AM »
LOL

Dont worry dude, i personally think the price is overzealous compared to the increase in quality, especially when you look at the other options out there. Im much more interested to see how the elites handle themselves in the market

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 10:29:50 AM »
congrats on the promotion gibbo ---that mean we can blag free pints off younow ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »
Promotion sounds great! Well done :)

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »
Well 600 quid + is a bit steep, and to have to fork out even more money myself should they break, kinda seems a tad lame really. Surely if they are built for pro's and for professional use, there would be a warranty worth something. Obviously ''average Joe'' isnt going to get a set, and looking at the price its obvious they are aimed at serious participants of the sport. With pro's being their sales target, the product should be able to withstand a fair ammount of stress, and they should be able to offer more of a warranty on the product.

Not having much of a warranty on a product doesn't show much faith in the product on the manufacturers part does it. And why would I invest in something if it seems the manufacturer has little faith in it?

Dont get me wrong, i'd really like a set, but i'm having a hard time justifying the cost.

L.

Dark Knight

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 01:37:58 PM »
LOL

Dont worry dude, i personally think the price is overzealous compared to the increase in quality, especially when you look at the other options out there. Im much more interested to see how the elites handle themselves in the market
LOL They don't even DO my size in them !?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 01:59:21 PM »
lets just hope fusion works for you DK!

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 08:12:09 PM »
its ok guys they fit my weight  ;D :angel:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 08:24:54 PM »
Well the top of the weight limit seems to be 18 stone + for the 720s so I'm in the weight range if only for standard use
But I think I'd rather have a new set of PJ's every 6 months for 2 1/2 years but I'm mean  ;D and I can't use the PJ's to there full extent yet so you never know I might be converted yet  :laugh:

Offline Dawesome

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 10:41:24 PM »
Well the top of the weight limit seems to be 18 stone + for the 720s so I'm in the weight range if only for standard use
But I think I'd rather have a new set of PJ's every 6 months for 2 1/2 years but I'm mean  ;D and I can't use the PJ's to there full extent yet so you never know I might be converted yet  :laugh:

think u got the right idea for yourself there dude. Keep going on what you have as you seem happy enough with them, they will be much cheaper to replace than the skips. plus by the time your ready for something a bit mroe im sure there will be a new host of stilt types to look at

Offline GRS

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 04:50:28 AM »
I'm extremely happy with the Pro-Jumps I have had, brought few sets for family members and friend's kids and never had any problems, some over a year old and never replaced anything but some bushings, put tyre sock on after 5months and still on my original set of feet too  ;D.

However if I was ever to try another brand and pay more then I'd go the whole hog and treat my self to some skips. Not because they are going to last longer or they give more height with less effort or anything else they may do or not do, but simply to honour the inventor who brought a sport into my life, that I throughly enjoy.

I'd be proud to say I own a pair of Powerskips. And lets be honest the whole wow factor it brings too  8)