Author Topic: Why do I get an error - when I try to Post pictures in the Gallery?  (Read 4230 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
When posting pictures in the Gallery if you get an error message or a blank screen, the most common reason is because the picture is too big!

This is a common fault in the smf gallery feature :(

Make sure the picture is no larger than 1000px pictures wide and usually you should be fine!

If the picture is too big you will need to resize it before you post it in the Gallery, this can be done quite easily with many picture editing software's and you can even do it in paint!

Instructions to resize a picture in Paint:

1. Go to Start ---> All Programs ----> Accessories -----> Paint

2. Open your picture in Paint

3. Go to Image, then choose "Stretch and Skew" option from the drop down menu.

4. Put the % in make sure both the horizontal and Vertical are the same percentage so your image stays in the correct proportions - You don't really want to make the image bigger than about 1000px wide anyway, as then you have to scroll to see the full image!

5. Choose save as and change the file name if you want to keep the original size, if you just save it, it will replace your original image.

If you are still having problems, please email me your pictures to admin@projump.co.uk with your username and I will post them up for you. Once I have posted them up, I will set them so you are still the author of these and you can edit the picture title and descriptions.