Author Topic: stop bouncing a sec i need to talk.....  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
stop bouncing a sec i need to talk.....
« on: November 24, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
Whats up everyone im nero, how are you all?
im from birmingham, right by the city ground who are screaming away as i type, ive had a quick look around and noticed pinheads from birmingham so hopefully we can link up and he can show me some tricks sometime.
Im 28 as of yesterday and for my birthday wifey bought me a pair of "power jumpers" which have to be the best gift ive ever been given, think about it, she just handed me a new sport, how cool.
so i went out on them yesterday and done my first trick, a tuck.
today the back of my knees are burnt to bits so ill be modding myself some pads for the knee strap i think.
i have thought about pinheads straps but i still think they gonna rub, i like the straps tight as having them open feels like roller blading with the skates open, it just feels un-natural to me.
other than that im loving them, i got over 2ft high jumping yesterday and i say its down to confidence mostly, but ive been doing summersaults and backflips off diving boards for years so im confident that with some comfort on my knees and a couple of weeks practice ill be flipping around like a loon.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: stop bouncing a sec i need to talk.....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum Nero,

Good to hear you are already jumping around and doing some cool tricks!

About the back of the knee, you could just try some padding  there and you should be ok, also do you fill out the knee bars well or is there quite a bit of space left? You could try some knee / shin pads to help fill the gap and stop your legs moving around. Pinheads straps so work wonders and hold you in strong. He is near by so drop him a pm and meet him  ;)

Also if its hurting you above the back of the knee it could be the top of the frame hitting your legs so you may want to look at Pinheads footplate raising mod in the modification section and that may help too :)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 05:09:32 PM »
nice one and thanks for the welcome, im searching the site at the mintute so ill have a look at the mods, the burn is actually just at the top of my calf, i ride mountain bikes a lot so ive got pretty big legs .
ive just checked them and i have enough room around the bar to grab it, so with a hand on each side of the bar its real comfy, im jonna have a look around the house for some gaffer tape and some rubber or sponge and see what i cant knock up.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 05:18:20 PM »
Should do the trick  ;)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:47:56 PM »
GAFFA TAPE!! the best tape in the world and the tape keeping my school together by the looks

try putting some gaffa and eletricle tape on ur springs protects and looks awsome!

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jevans

• Mmm...Tape
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »
I tried a small swatch of gaffa tape on my springs last week before finally finishing them, It's good stuff but leaves a really nasty residue
It's ok, but if you ever want to take the tape off if you make a mistake/want to inspect the srpings :-\
I recommend using Electrical Tape, great stuff as it stretches, comes off if needed with no "glue" and I think has a nice finish :)

Oh, and welcome ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 06:14:57 PM by Jevans »

Raawr?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 06:17:16 PM »
Some people also use inner bike tube first, just split it in the middle & tape it together then tape over it  ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 06:49:32 PM »
I think there was a topic of this !?
I use Cling Film Wrap to cover spring frist.
You can buy the cheap stuff and use lots !

Just unbolt the spring near the hoof to make it easier to pull film tight. You will notice the film doesn't fit tight on the insideof the spring but that doesn't matter then .... any tape will do as it will not be touching the springs  ;D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 06:52:39 PM »
nice nice lots of tricks, ive found a load of neoprene that im gonna try and use for the padding, im still pondering on what to do with the springs will ill take a few pictures of them once they are finished.
and thanks for the warm welcomes