Author Topic: Gen3 Videos  (Read 15453 times)

Offline gillybert

• still alive, up to the neck !!!
    • Gillybert,s Youtube Channel
Gen3 Videos
« on: September 20, 2007, 12:48:09 PM »
Found this  ;D

http://www.xtremeimportz.com/UP-WING_jumping_stilts.html

Its has pix and videos of what I think are Gen3 - Want some!!

Not sure about the bolts through the spring where the top hoof pivot would normally be though, seems to me a weak point :-\

Take a look and watch the vids :)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Gen3 Videos
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »
There's a few videos flying about with them in action but nothing extreme so far. On our tests the springs held up fine and the new design didnt affect it much but we will not be releasing them until we are completely happy with them and things still need to be changed!

Here's some vids I found on YouTube - Enjoy!

The first one is a really good vid - shows the current style stilt and the new ones. Also the person using them seems to be within the weight bracket - she gets good height and its a nice one to watch too!

[youtube=425,350]aazg91gx2lM[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]mCoq_IkW2Jo[/youtube]

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:15:31 PM by webmaster »

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 03:05:46 PM »
will watch it in a min you say "weight bracket" what is this? is there a wight were your body preforms best with bocks? ???

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »
Sorry should have being clearer...

The New gens (Branded Pro-Jump Elites, Upwing, Airrunner, Speedjumper Redoxx) were only released so far in the lower weights ie: 50kg, 60kg, 70kg, however on videos that have been floating about, I noticed that people using them were a lot heavier so you can't really see how well they perform as it looks like the person is bottoming out all the time and not getting the best from the spring. Whereas in the first video the lady using them looks just right for the weight bracket of the spring and gets a good performance out of them!  ;)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:15:56 PM »
no right weight for the springs. All the other guys are too heavy for the stilts so cant do much for fear of bottomong out*.

The girl seems to be going nicely ans was a nice touch to have a pair of sevens in the clip for a lil bit of comparision  But they do look nice un sleek

* There have been issues with the heaviest weight springs, But with 7's heaviest spring too.

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
ah ok thanks for clearing it up was just wondering if i should start to put on a bit of wait im a skinny git skinnyer than alot of girls i know XD  but thanks anyways checking vido ut now :)

cool checked the vids out they look nice didnt really notice much improvment from gen 2 with the hight and stuff really whats the diffrent not including calf cuffs and look diffrent...?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:31:47 PM by x_Rave_Dave_x »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »
I can only go on what I have been told by our testers:

1. They feel a lot better and comfortable, more like an extention of your own leg (don't know how that works but hey!)

2. Lighter

3. The spring is meant to be a lot more responsive

4. Better rubber on the feet

5. obvious one is the design!

Thats just some of it but some things will be changed still so only time will tell if they are more better and more durable than the current stilts.

You have you remember that height / speed is all user dependant so unless the same person is testing both stilts you won't be able to tell the difference

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »
ok thanks and yer your right  they are quieter aswell i think as one video i watched said anyways i think that the spring being so and the pressure actualy all comnig down onto the spring might be changed? as on gen 2 you got the spring a bit exposed but the pressure comes down into the metal bit above hoof instead of the spring just a small thing ive noticed :)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 05:12:16 PM »
Oh yeah forgot to add the springs wider too

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 06:02:04 PM »
Dave the springs are carbon Fibre and should last longer too. The 'calf cuff' which wraps around the leg is more secure and snug than the loop and velcro on gen 1 and 2 ( but Id say pretty much means you HAVE to have knee pads as there is now no protection in a fall). Sprog and ET have a different make of calf cuff fitted to their a/ 7 and b pro-jump and Jason has made his own. They all say they are great. Mind tundraH say the proskip knee bar is different ( but £750 a pair ;D) and he doesnt need cuffs ( and sold his to ET).

I believe they are 'quieter' because the joints are fitted with bearings rather than bushes ( or other way round) and are better quality and more durable and less wearing on the springs.

But rember this all comes at a cost ---the cost. I should have thought these are not a replacement for gen 2  but more an advanced model.

Naz will you be selling the calf cuffs as stand alone upgrades for peeps?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
Im not sure if we are going offer the calf as a separate stand alone as yet and if they would work as well with the current range.

I suppose we could start doing the poweriser cuffs but thats something I have no control on they would be quite a seller if we could get them in though! but tbh never have looked into it and then there's the whole patent thing with them too.  :-\

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
So I'm not going to get a pair for me  :(
Bet they don't make a 120 anyway !?
Looks like I'll have to build my own then.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »
Im not sure if we are going offer the calf as a separate stand alone as yet and if they would work as well with the current range.

I suppose we could start doing the poweriser cuffs but thats something I have no control on they would be quite a seller if we could get them in though! but tbh never have looked into it and then there's the whole patent thing with them too.  :-\

surely if you are going to sell the new upwings you need to sell pair calf cuffs. If someones cuffs get damaged in some way or just plain die out of wear and tear they will need to be able to buy them seperately.
Also they will probably sell well on there own........

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 08:23:16 PM »
Naz will you be selling the calf cuffs as stand alone upgrades for peeps?

ET if you read what Q wrote he was asking if we would be selling them as Stand alone upgrades

In my reply I'm assuming he is asking whether the cuffs would be available as upgrades to the current stilts - hence me saying I wasn't sure if they would work with the current range!

Off course we will be stocking the Elite Cuff for spares or if peeps want to buy them to do possible mods.

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 08:45:49 PM »
The Upwing calf cuff wouldn't fit on a current model of Bock.  As the Upwings have two tubular bars and the current model has one square bar.  Unless a special adapter was made to make the new cuffs fit on a square bar.
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
I don't know how this would stand Naz but having seen the other lads cuffs my design is quite a bit different so if you could clear it with the powers that be and the patent didn't obstruct I would be happy for someone to mass produce my design for you lot to sell ( for a small concideration per cuff sold  ;) of course )

Might not be possable but the offer is there if you want it

Jason

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 09:14:06 PM »
It's a good idea but apparently anything that attaches onto these stilts are subject to the patent fees etc so could get expensive but I'll get someone to look at it...

Whilst on the subject I'm suprised you haven't had requests to make them for people yet!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »
I have and I am almost ready I have made a new set for myself and while I was at it I made 2 more pairs I will post some pics soon as I test a set but the others will be up for grabs for a reasonable sum

The only problem is you have to cut the kneebars to fit them and that takes a lot of guts the fisrt time  ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 09:31:35 PM »
Depending on the price of the cuffs the knee bars cost about £14.99 so if you mess up its not so bad, hopefully with your guidence they may be ok!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »
Yes hopefully and I had to crush the ends in a vice as well but you have to anneal them with a blowtorch first or they split but thats not too bad as you can practice on the ends of the middle bit as it gets chucked away so you get 4 attempts before you have to do it for real  ;D

Anyway see if anyone sees this and asks  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 10:58:18 PM »
It's a good idea but apparently anything that attaches onto these stilts are subject to the patent fees etc so could get expensive but I'll get someone to look at it...

Whilst on the subject I'm suprised you haven't had requests to make them for people yet!
I still can't understand how adding something to them has anything to do with the patent ?
True the name can't be used indorse any modifications but how can they claim patent to everything added to them ( Nike trainers, my foot ... ME ) !?

If you read the " Guide Manual " page 7.  I quote ( Which I shouldn't do if you read inside cover ).

6, Product Warranty

.............. as well as damage caused due to improper use or unauthorised repairs will cause warranty to be void.

There for implying knowledge of aftermarket modifications and there for non-patented parts ( custom made parts ).
The only precedents I can find goes in favor of the aftermarket add-ons !?
But what do I know ???

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 11:10:16 PM »
Ahh yes DK I agree but if Mr Bock gets pee'd off and says

"Right my little Chineese Bock producing friends, Pro-jump have upset me NO MORE STILTS for them or I'll take my patent and give it to someone else"

The Lads and Lasses at Pro-jump gonna be very sick as a parrot with no Bocks to sell so it's wize to let Mr Bock have his way unless you want to try selling trampolines instead  ;D

I think they call it either Democracy or Bl**dy unfair depending on your point of view

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 11:11:08 PM »
i agree DK how can they claim that any mods done onto the jumping stilts be patented... i think now it may be a silly rumor that got out of hand?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 11:15:31 PM »
Yeah I didnt think it affected add ons too but that all changed when if memory serves me correctly pinhead got told to remove his straps from ebay as it was a patent infringement - still cant get my head round it!

Dark Knight

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 11:17:11 PM »
Ahh yes DK I agree but if Mr Bock gets pee'd off and says

"Right my little Chineese Bock producing friends, Pro-jump have upset me NO MORE STILTS for them or I'll take my patent and give it to someone else"

The Lads and Lasses at Pro-jump gonna be very sick as a parrot with no Bocks to sell so it's wize to let Mr Bock have his way unless you want to try selling trampolines instead  ;D

I think they call it either Democracy or Bl**dy unfair depending on your point of view

Sad but true and would mean less change of getting my hands on Gen3's ( Note how I've got us back on topic )  ;D