Author Topic: Any help please?  (Read 17052 times)

Offline Pigeon

• Pigeons Just A Nickname Btw
Any help please?
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:43:46 PM »
I'm 15 and I've had 4 years of trampoleening experience so I can do front and back flips of the floor of a trampoleen with ease. However I'm not convinced that powerskips are all that safe. Ofcourse I shall get wrist protectors etc. but can someone tell me that powerskips are worth there money? like do they ever get boring? no offence intended btw cos i think these things are awsome  :)

Also I have seen disturbing videos of accidents on these ... I won't display the link because they include nasty face plants. So i'm really unsure.

Many thanks

<~ Pigeon ~>
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:18:43 PM by Pigeon »
<- Pigeon ->

Offline Tobster.rm

Re: Any help please?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 12:21:52 PM »
My view is that so long as you progress at a sensible pace then you will develop your skills safely. Trouble is that people just want to run before they can walk!! Or flip before they can jump!!

Powerisers/Powerskips/ProJumps are only as dangerous as the person using them.

I wouldn't trust myself on a skateboard so I avoid them. It's a choice only you can make but I can assure you that I am nott bored with them yet. Had them almost three months.

Toby

Offline arthur

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 12:33:01 PM »
I agree with Tobster.
its like any other thing you use i,f you dont use them properly then you will get injured. but if you  use them  sensibly  im sure you will be ok.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:09:16 PM by arthur »

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline dunco-jump

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 06:21:21 PM »
I want 2 get some 4 christmas but im not sure if they would be safe on bumpy ground can any1 tell me if there safe ???

Offline dragon

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:46:25 PM »
hi all
i used mine for the first time today i hit a few lums and bumps over a drain cover or two

i think we both did well with the ground we had :)
please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor

Offline Lukey

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 04:14:13 PM »
Whilst I can appreciate Pidgeon is going from Tramp~ to PJ's I'm the reverse, going from PJ's to Trampolining.

I found the difference between the two is immense. The first jump I did on a Tramp~ was very different to a jump on PJ's.

I'd say to prevent doing yourself an injury is to re-familiarise yourself with jumping on a trampoline whilst improving on your PJ's. To start with you'll need to break them in otherwise if you put so much force into them to get air you could break them fresh out the box, they do need to be softened up.

Slowly does it, theres no rush!

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 01:39:12 PM »
hey lil off topic i know but erm.....could u put the link up of ppl getting hurt im curious to see wht damage ppl can do to themselves....please  ::)
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 08:18:07 PM »
hey lil off topic i know but erm.....could u put the link up of ppl getting hurt im curious to see wht damage ppl can do to themselves....please  ::)

I second that

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 08:19:39 PM »
goto youtube.com and type in poweriser into the search box.

Also try powerizer and throw in the word "fall" or "bail" or "crash"
There are quite a few.

Offline BlackStorm

• www.youtube.com/dulwichstudios
    • Dulwich Studios
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 11:24:03 PM »
hi,
by complete coincidence i am also 15 and have trampolining experience. my problem is that I have to convince my parents PJ's are safe if used correctly. I know that there is always some risk in doing something like this but i just need all of you to help me convince my parents that they are worth having and that there is a whole world out there of people who do this.

thanks a lot

DS
Jump High, Run Fast, Bock Forever! And Now I Can Too!

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 11:48:37 PM »
Biggest injury i've sustained so far is a pulled muscle, however my knee and wrist pads are scratched to hell, if i hadn't worn them i could have been a lot worse off, in a round about way this shows that PJ's etc arnt completely safe, but you can make them a hell of a lot safer by wearing the right gear.  :)

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 11:50:08 PM »
hi,
by complete coincidence i am also 15 and have trampolining experience. my problem is that I have to convince my parents PJ's are safe if used correctly. I know that there is always some risk in doing something like this but i just need all of you to help me convince my parents that they are worth having and that there is a whole world out there of people who do this.

thanks a lot

DS

get them to read the forum, then they will see the benefits

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 11:54:31 PM »
But exclude most of my posts from their viewing  ;D

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 01:04:36 AM »
get them to come along to Capital Bockiing in London, then you can all see us in the flesh and ask as many questions as you like!

Offline stewarty482

• Thanks for the pic aidanh1
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 01:07:06 AM »
i havent had trampoline experience but i can do a frontflip backflip sideflip and all but i am getting some for christmas and my mum ask r they safe and i obviously said yes (as u would) just like a trampoline and the next day my dad tried a frontflip and broke his toe and i dont think i am getting them anymore but i am tryin to perseude  :( :P
"Go for it man (woman) u only live once in your life"

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 07:42:08 AM »
where do you live Stewarty?, if you can get your mum to come down to the London for Capital Bocking she can see for herself and ask all the questions she wants. You will also probably find someone who will let you try out there stilts. Failing that there is always a group of guys at the serpentine every weekend who will let you have a go.

Offline BlackStorm

• www.youtube.com/dulwichstudios
    • Dulwich Studios
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 10:07:17 AM »
thanks guys! I have shown them the forum and their starting to break down i think. I may be in with a deccent chance of getting some. sadly i can't come to the london capital bocking event as i am away for the whole of the week!  :(

thanks for your replies and i'll let you know if i ever join you in this sport!

BS
Jump High, Run Fast, Bock Forever! And Now I Can Too!

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »
we hope to see you on bocks soon keep trying with your mom and dad  ;)